Faucet Maintenance - Some Tips on Aerators
Posted by on
It's easy to forget that aerators are also filters - whatever goes through your water goes through your aerator as well, and when deposits build up in aerators, faucet spray patterns change and may become erratic or weak. This is especially an issue in hard water areas.
Here's what you can do:
1. Clean your aerator
- Unscrew aerator from the faucet and wash out debris
- Soak aerator in vinegar - this can remove more stubborn deposits
2. Replace your aerator
- Maintenance can extend the life of an aerator, but they don't last forever
- See our aerator guide if you are unsure of which model you need
- Still unsure of what you need? Contact us! We're happy to help!
- Our aerators
- In a hard water area? We can help with that! Our Smart Lime Aerators