Decora Wall Plate Thermometer (White) with Relative Humidity
Temperature and humidity go hand and hand - know the actual temperature in your room
In the winter: A loss of humidity can make a room feel colder. Depending on humidity, a room with a temperature of 65 may actually feel several degrees colder. This kind of temperature drop can make the difference between a comfortable room and a cold one.
In the summer: If a room's temperature is 82, and the relative humidity is 40%, the room will feel like just that: 82 degrees.
But if a room is 82 degrees and has a relative humidity of 95%, the room will feel like 95 degrees. Relative humidity can mean the difference between a safe, comfortable room and a potentially dangerous level of heat. Learn more about how humidity affects temperature.
- Relative humidity display means you have a better idea of your actual room environment
- Easy to install - requires no wiring
- Assists you in keeping your home environment comfortable and safe
- Helps reduce home energy costs
- Battery included
- Decora Switch Design
1. Select switch on back of wall plate to F or C
2. Open battery door. Locate tab marked PULL.
3. Gently pull paper strip straight out from unit to the right until tab comes free to activate battery.
4. Turn off household power before installing. Remove fuse or turn circuit breaker to OFF.
5. Remove wall plate from wall.
6. Screw wall plate thermometer onto fixture with thermometer at the top. Do not over tighten screws.